CLICK TABS

Saturday, November 3, 2012


So on Monday we drove 3 hours to a new doctor that specializes in Chari Brain Malformations. Unfortunately he does not take our insurance so I had to pay $900.00 out of pocket. Of course paying 900 dollars when you are not working because you are sick is not so easy, but I have to get better. The good news is, I could really tell this doctor cared and understood just how sick I was and everything I have been going through for the past 6 years. He took the time to review all my MRI's back to 2006 and explain to my husband and I why I have been feeling so bad. Apparently I do have a Chari as well cervical spondoloysis which may also be the cause of my balance problems, narcolepsy, and fibromyalgia.

 My doctor explained that it seems my brain is not processing
things the way it normally would because everything
is being pushed together do to this Chari. He informed us I will
need 2 surgeries, one on the brain and the second on my spine. So on 
December 18th I have another appointment (3 hours away with
no insurance coverage) so he can review more detailed films 
of my neck and brain, this way he can make a decision on which
surgery to do first. He also advised us he will make sure to go 
over everything with us so we can play a role in which surgery 
I have first.

I am so tired of being sick and I am really happy to find a doctor
that cares enough to try surgery to correct these issues. However
having surgery on my brain and spine when having surgery does not
guarantied I am going to feel better is extremely scary. Not to
mention I have had several friends who have had surgeries that have 
had made them feel worse. To be honest I am not sure how I would handle
feeling any worse than I do now. Of course I am going to do whatever 
the doctor advises me to do and just hope for the best.
One thing is for sure, I have one of the best husbands in the world. He has taken such good care of me over the past couple years, I don't know how I
would have managed without him. More to come after my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment